Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting Older
Dutchovendude Offline
Managing Member

Getting Older
Have you ever noticed that as we get older, our memories tend to fade a little.
Example: I just cooked the most amazing brisket I have ever tasted. I ate at least 10 slices and licked the plate clean!
The only reason I stopped eating was my tummy was about to pop and my daughter wanted me to let her have some too Tongue.
She said "Dad, This is amazing! How did you make it? Then it hit me. Hmmm, I was experimenting and did not write anything down. I cannot remember half of what I did. "Senior moment"!
I should know better than to not write down what I am doing. I should do that so I don't forget how. But, I would probably just forget where I wrote it down anyway.
Oh well, back to the drawing board!

TUMBLEWEED BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
Utah BBQ Organization Certified Judge
Email me at: mike@utahbbq.org
WWW.Tumbleweed BBQ.com
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 11:00 PM by Dutchovendude.)
02-24-2013 10:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

RE: Getting Older
Well if you just cook it the same way without paying attention at the next competition... you should do OK! As long as you forget to write down the same things in the same order, at the same times! Tongue

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
02-24-2013 11:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

I sometimes can solve life's problems in my sleep. I will dream the situation I need to solve the next day and come up with the most brilliant solutions. Only problem is, when the sun comes up and the cobwebs of night clear my head....the solutions I thought were prize winners....are the STUPIDEST ideas I've ever heard!
I forgot..... what we were talking about.

"Never Trust A Skinny Cook"
Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
02-25-2013 12:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dutchovendude Offline
Managing Member

Larry, I did that with one of my dreams. I was dreaming about the perfect BBQ sauce. I called it "Dream Sauce". I woke up suddenly and could remember every thing that went into it. I ran to the kitchen and wrote down everything. It was Saturday morning so I immediately went to the store to get the ingredients for the perfect sauce. I spent all morning making this concoction and could not wait to try it on some chicken. It did not taste good in the pan, but hey, in the dream it turned out perfect. I grilled up some chicken pieces and coated them with the sauce. I could not wait to dive into one because they smelled so good. On the first bite, I spit it out. Ohhh, it was terrible! I gave the skin to my dog and with one lick, the dog ran away.
So much for dreams coming true. Back to the drawing board again.
Now, what were we talking about?

TUMBLEWEED BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
Utah BBQ Organization Certified Judge
Email me at: mike@utahbbq.org
WWW.Tumbleweed BBQ.com
02-25-2013 01:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crashpilot
Unregistered

Sometimes you just get a very special piece of meat and it cooks to perfection..
02-25-2013 09:21 AM
Quote this message in a reply