Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My cook.
Gary Nelson Offline

My cook.
After Mark Miller Subaru yesterday I just had to do some ribs.
Holy Moses. These were spot on. 8's or 9's IMO. I know this didn't happen because I have no pics, but it's for real. Confused Maybe I need to go "backyard".? IDK, those backyarder's were pretty good.

Gary
KCBS Certified Judge
UTBBQ Certified Judge
03-17-2013 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

RE: My cook.
Well you already called yourself on the "no pics", so I'll say no more on that!

Sometimes a little taste of good food, can give you a whole other idea about how to cook things, and talking BBQ always seems to help too.

Come on out and give it a go if you fancy your chances against Little Chicken Butt BBQ!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
03-17-2013 08:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

I trust ya Gary, I know you know what a 8 or nine is, so come on out in the backyard. We have plenty of comps this year so give it a try. Didn't get a chance to chat yesterday. I'll see ya next time?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
03-17-2013 09:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GOATTER Offline
Aspiring BBQ Pitmaster

I was thinking about smoking today also. After all that food yesterday I din't feel like eating BBQ. So I settled for corned beef and cabbage.

I decided to just clean my clone instead. I was able to get the creosote drippings as well as the grease off the outside with 409. The condensate from the charcoal is another matter. I think I'll have to get some auto polish to buff it out.

Congrats on the ribs. They must have turned out great if you're comparing them to yesterday's competition.
03-17-2013 09:07 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

My plans to compete got scrubbed when my daughter-in-law's grandmother died and they put the funeral on Saturday. Her and her family loves BBQ so they asked me to cater the event. I did, at cost of coarse, and did take pictures.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Never Trust A Skinny Cook"
Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
03-17-2013 10:57 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Never Trust A Skinny Cook"
Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
03-17-2013 10:58 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yes sir, I saw Larry at Sam's buying the supplies for this. Wish ya could have been there L.J. we had a great time with new and old friends. Randy of Mark Miller said that he would like to make it an annual, great huh.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
03-18-2013 09:38 AM