Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
so what is the Intermountain BBQ Association???
BBQUte Offline

so what is the Intermountain BBQ Association???
04-23-2010 01:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Re: so what is the Intermountain BBQ Association???
It's a new organization based in UT, ID, NV and WY.

pattiodaddio, Hoochie, rstone, Stoneman and 2pigsSmokin are the self elected board members.

You'll have to contact them to find out what they are offering, as they don't appear to want to have anything to do with the Utah BBQ Association.

There will be no trash talk about them on this site!

Corrected the states NV instead of AZ.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
04-23-2010 04:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
i2luv2smoke Offline

Will you allow them to compete in UTBBQ contest? I heard from them and they said they would allow any of the MM at UTBBQA to compete in theirs when it comes time. This maybe a good time to throw a hand out to shake hands. I think it would be great if you all could work it out and maybe we would have two strong organizations in UT.

As they say where I grew up, Caint ya'al just get along and BBQ?
04-23-2010 06:11 PM
Three4Que Offline

Just one minor correction, they cover UT, NV, and parts of ID and WY.

I would imagine anyone from their organization would be allowed to cook in UTBBQ comps, just the same as any other organization or team not affiliated with an organization would be allowed to compete here. The whole idea is to cook bbq, learn from others, make lastings friendships, aquaintances, rivalries (friendly ones: like Myron and Johnny or Myron and Chris Lilly, just to mentiona few). Utah has one of their own: Sampson is still trying to get Vince's shirt. Smile

Anyway, I just want to compete and Judge some too. Gotta love a sport where you get to eat your mistakes!

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
04-23-2010 09:11 PM
i2luv2smoke Offline

That sounds great! What would the MM think about that. I think we may be on to something here? :lol:
04-23-2010 09:15 PM
i2luv2smoke Offline

Quote:You'll have to contact them to find out what they are offering, as they don't appear to want to have anything to do with the Utah BBQ Association.

Correction about not wanting to do anything with UTBBQA. One of them wanted to support you by paying to be in your up coming cooking class but you guys refunded his money and told him he was not allowed. I believe part of the monies paid for the class go to UTBBQA if I am correct? Hence, he was going to do something with you guys and it was going to support UTBBQA with his money.

I think a little competition will be good for both groups. It always seems to step up everybody's game a little bit. Heck, it could make for one real great contest in the future? I know guys in both groups that are awesome and hope that someday it will all work out. Also very respectable about not allowing any trash talk!
04-24-2010 07:15 AM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

So tell us a little about about your self, won't you? This group is very personal and try not to hide behind a user name. Notice I like to use my real name as I think it works out best this way. I was in a 60s band that made big news but no one knew who we were because our manager kept our names hidden so he could tour several groups at once to double his money. Since then I've been up front with my ID.
04-24-2010 07:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
i2luv2smoke Offline

I feel a little attacked there Mr Jacobs. 99% of the users only use user names and for professional reason I will just keep it that way. If want you can call me David. I moved here from Mobile Al, A few years ago and enjoy BBQ. Stuff up here seems a little sweeter? I read and follow several BBQ sites and have to say AZBBQ is one of my favorites to follow.

Never have done a contest and don't think I will. I might do the backyard event soon but not sure if it is really my thing? I do like walking by them and seeing the sites though.

Like I said I know and work with guys in both groups and not going to pick sides. I just hope both organizations the best of luck...what about you?
04-24-2010 08:30 AM
Dutchovendude Offline
Managing Member

Hello David. No, you are not being attacked. However, when posting about events, we would prefer that ALL the facts about that event are posted so both sides of the story are represented. For those of you that don't know what is being talked about, this persons money was refunded because he was a member of a team that was causing trouble on our site and for our organization. They were slamming what the organization was doing and trying to promote. This team made it very clear to the UBBQA that they would not support our orginization and would do nothing to help promote us. These comments were not posted on the board for all to see but rather sent in private emails so that the public could not see what they were doing. For this reason, their money was refunded as it was felt that it would be a conflict of interest to have this team at one of the events sponsored by us. If they do not want to support us, fine, but then they should not ask to reap the benefits that we provide for those who do. If they feel that what we are doing is not up to their liking, they are welcome to go start their own BBQ organization, which they did.
If someone wants to support us, great! We are trying to make BBQ great for everyone and we are working very hard to do that. We have just added more competitions and get togethers for our members to enjoy. We appreciate all the help we receive and accept it gladly.

Please do come by and get involved. We welcome all that want to participate. If you would like to participate and need help, we will be more than happy to help you or anyone else out. The upcoming Cabela's competition is a GREAT starter comp for new guys wanting to jump in! We do not choose sides and all are welcome. We promote all BBQ events and organizations. However the one thing we will not tolerate is anyone trying to harm our organization or any other organization.

We have a great organization and will continue to do what is the best for the majority of the members. GO BBQ!

TUMBLEWEED BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
Utah BBQ Organization Certified Judge
Email me at: mike@utahbbq.org
WWW.Tumbleweed BBQ.com
04-24-2010 09:48 AM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Like he said.
04-24-2010 11:02 AM
i2luv2smoke Offline

No, Larry you sounded nothing like him. You attacked, he explained his his opinion. There is a difference.
04-24-2010 06:18 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Larry Jacobs Wrote:So tell us a little about about your self, won't you?

Sorry if that sounds like an "attack". It's just that we "MMs" are a little sensitive right now after being slandered by former friends and when you showed up on the forum having a great deal of knowledge for a person that only had one week on the post.....well.... you get the idea.
04-25-2010 08:50 AM
Three4Que Offline

I don't think he was taking the opportunity to introduce himself as an attack.

Larry Jacobs Wrote:
Larry Jacobs Wrote:So tell us a little about about your self, won't you?

Sorry if that sounds like an "attack". It's just that we "MMs" are a little sensitive right now after being slandered by former friends and when you showed up on the forum having a great deal of knowledge for a person that only had one week on the post.....well.... you get the idea.

I think he was taking this:
Larry Jacobs Wrote:This group is very personal and try not to hide behind a user name.
as the attack.

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
04-25-2010 11:34 AM
i2luv2smoke Offline

No worries it is all good.
04-25-2010 12:16 PM
Loptr Offline

Today is 5/3
No change to site of yet.
05-03-2010 12:49 PM
wallywombat Offline

actually the site is live... try <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.imbbqa.com/">http://www.imbbqa.com/</a><!-- m -->
05-03-2010 01:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Utah BBQ Association becomes Organized SoEzzy 6 4,136 02-16-2011 04:14 PM
Last Post: tex-mex
  2009 Utah BBQ Association Holiday Get-Together BBQMama 29 5,700 12-16-2009 11:23 PM
Last Post: Grill Sargent
  Utah BBQ Association honors Marine veterans! SoEzzy 14 4,828 01-12-2009 01:49 PM
Last Post: Gene