Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dutch oven cook
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Dutch oven cook
Cooked today up at the Wasatch Mountain Club Foundation fundraiser on the Brighton Loop.

There were half a dozen cooks, and we fed a variety of mains, sides and desserts for the guests.

I cooked with Jason today, and we cooked Beef Chili, scratch made Biscuits, and Scottish Shortbread.

It was a first time cook for the biscuits, and I was pleased with the texture and flavor, could have done with a little more color on them though.

The chili was good and filling, (but nothing to write home about).

Everyone that spoke to me about the shortbread, appeared to like it and I liked it too, simple 3 ingredient recipe with butter, sugar and flour. Cream the butter and sugar, work in the flour, press into the bottom of a 9 x 13, score cutting lines, prick all over with fork and bake at 325 - 350 for 30 - 35 minutes, do a toothpick test, once it's cooked slice immediately, allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out.

There was pulled pork, DO style, Cherry Chocolate Cobbler, Spare ribs, pork chops, a couple of chili's, pull apart biscuits, beef stew, a couple of baked bean dishes.

It was a fun way to spend the afternoon, cooking DO dishes with a pleasant and fun crowd, up in the cool of the mountains at the WMC lodge.

Thanks for the invite to cook, Jason and I had a great time, can't wait to do it again!

p.s. It didn't happen as I took no pics, but other did, and I'll post them when I find them! Wink

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
08-11-2013 03:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Nelson Offline

RE: Dutch oven cook
Can't get better than a fun and yummy good time.

Gary
KCBS Certified Judge
UTBBQ Certified Judge
08-11-2013 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NDG Offline
Managing Member

RE: Dutch oven cook
Proud of you for going!!!!! I spaced it.

David Grover
Smoking on the "Yellow Submarine"
Peace Heart BBQ

Utah BBQ Managing Member / Certified KCBS Judge
08-11-2013 08:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dutch Oven Apple Pie Frankenswine 14 4,199 09-23-2009 09:48 PM
Last Post: Gene
  Dutch Oven Fun this Saturaday 7/18 bbqguy123 1 1,030 07-16-2009 11:07 AM
Last Post: bbqguy123
  First Dutch Oven Cook Arlie Bragg 32 9,108 07-05-2009 10:27 PM
Last Post: IQ