Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Apple, Cherry and Peach wood
Grill Sargent Offline

Apple, Cherry and Peach wood
Hey all, it's been a while since I have posted but I'm still around and still smokin'...Just got back from getting some apple wood from a fallen tree in Layton..a friend of my daughters...I didn't need a lot but there is still a lot --to be moved...if you are interested you can get all the info from Kesha at 801-564-2124...The peach and cherry trees are growing really large and if you are willing to cut you can get some of that also...Oh BTW...it's free..all it takes is you going to get it...Happy smoking guys....
08-26-2013 11:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

RE: Apple, Cherry and Peach wood
Thanks Bill!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
08-26-2013 11:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grill Sargent Offline

(08-26-2013 11:25 PM)Grill Sargent Wrote:  Hey all, it's been a while since I have posted but I'm still around and still smokin'...Just got back from getting some apple wood from a fallen tree in Layton..a friend of my daughters...I didn't need a lot but there is still a lot --to be moved...if you are interested you can get all the info from Kesha at 801-564-2124...The peach and cherry trees are growing really large and if you are willing to cut you can get some of that also...Oh BTW...it's free..all it takes is you going to get it...Happy smoking guys....

Just wanted to add a bit more info to this because I guess it wasn't clear...the apple tree has fallen but it still needs to be cut...and the best way to do this is with a chain saw...there was some already cut to manageable size but there are some larger branches that will need be cut..so again if you are willing to cut, it's all available for free and you cutting it to get it...The lady could really use the help...Thanks guys...
09-08-2013 08:29 AM
Kickin Q Offline

thank you! i will be calling as soon as i get a chance
09-10-2013 07:02 PM
Grill Sargent Offline

Had the pleasure of meeting....well let's just call him AKBBQ...Look at the thread above...Anyway..it was great meeting you and hope to talk with you again...Good luck in the upcoming comp...just do what you do...and you'll be fine....To all of you still looking for wood...there is still wood available...and it's FREE...But..you need to do some cutting...The woman lost her father and he was the only one who took care of the trees and now the one has fallen and needs some cutting down to size and there is a cherry and peach tree that has overgrown...all you need to do is call the number on my earlier thread and directions will be given...What's a little hard work for some free wood...ask AKBBQ...Thanks guys...!!!
09-19-2013 10:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Free cherry wood in Logan on KSL norm 1 546 03-31-2013 01:08 PM
Last Post: SoEzzy
  Free Cherry Wood bwinther 1 590 07-20-2012 12:55 PM
Last Post: Big Johnson's BBQ
  Free Cherry wood on ksl norm 1 499 07-15-2012 01:25 PM
Last Post: SoEzzy