Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I.A.B. 30 BBQ 2-day competition style class @ BBQ Island Scottsdale
glenntm Offline

I.A.B. 30 BBQ 2-day competition style class @ BBQ Island Scottsdale
I.A.B. 30 BBQ, a competition team out of Arizona, has traveled the county and competed in over 15 states since entering the BBQ scene in 2009. During that time they have won Grand Championships in Arizona, California, Texas, and Florida. They have a proven track record competing against many of the top teams in the nation. In the last 3 years I.A.B. 30 BBQ has won 8 GC’s, 14 RGC’s, 2 Perfect “180” scores, and numerous individual and overall top ten awards. They have ranked in the top 25 teams in the nation under the KCBS standing for chicken, ribs, pork, brisket and “overall”. As a result of their cooking accomplishments they have qualified to compete at The American Royal Invitational/Open, Jack Daniels World Championships, Sam’s Club National Finals, King Of The Smoker Invitational, and the Colorado Rockies BBQ Invitational.

Join I.A.B. 30 BBQ for their first hands on 2-day competition style class @ BBQ Island’s brand new location in Scottsdale.

During the class you will learn meat selection, meat aging, trimming, injections, marinades, brines, rubs, pit temperatures, fire management, wood/fuel selection, final meat temperatures, sauce selections and KCBS box building. I.A.B. 30 BBQ will discuss the techniques of cooking on vertical smokers, cabinet style, off set stick burners, and WSM’s. All questions will be answered. The class will teach techniques to allow the cook to achieve consistent, repeatable results each and every time.
The class will be run just like a competition. Friday we’ll cover meat trimming, injecting, rubbing and preparation. Saturday will be box building, pit temps, time schedules, final box building, and presentation.

Drinks and snacks will be provided on Friday and all meats will be available for sampling on Saturday.

The class is limited to 25 participants.
The cost is $299 per person.

BBQ Island Scottsdale, AZ
Friday August 22 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday August 23 8:00am – 2:00pm or when ever all the questions are answered
07-21-2014 07:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Utah BBQ CBJ Class Sign Up & Payment. SoEzzy 15 627 11-13-2013 11:15 PM
Last Post: SoEzzy
  Johnny Trigg Competition BBQ Class August 22nd 2013 SoEzzy 14 7,428 08-07-2013 02:30 PM
Last Post: Big Johnson's BBQ
  2013 BBQ 101 class offered? RichOlsen 5 704 05-07-2013 04:18 PM
Last Post: Desert Magnolia