Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Photo manipulation software.
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

If you are struggling to post your pictures because they are too big, here's a tutorial on how to resize and resample them using a freebie called Irfanview.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.irfanview.com/">http://www.irfanview.com/</a><!-- m --> is the home site, click the red download link on the left hand side bar, this will take you to the download page, download a copy, and then install it by clicking on the file in your downloads folder.

Once it is installed.
Open the program.
To open a photo, click File/ then click Open
To resize the photo click Image/ then click Resize-Resample input the long side and the other will change automatically if you make the long sides 600 or 650 pixels you are usually good at that size.
Then click File/ click Save-As
Give it a name in all small letters without spaces, then click save-as Type “jpg” it will pop a small popup asking about compression levels, set the slider bar to 60% - 70% then click Save.

There are other programs out there that are good and some that are cheap, Irfanview is both IMO.

If you have loads of pictures in a single file you can batch process them too, I'll to a quick instructional about using it for batches if folks are interested?

If you need help with Irfanview you can PM or email me and I'll do my best to point you to the right answer!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
03-08-2010 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flexo Offline

Re: Photo manipulation software.
That's the program I use as well. I like it!!!

That sure was good stuff!
Tubby's Smokin' Q

KCBS Certified Judge
03-08-2010 02:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bud-wie-ser Offline

I have been using IView for years and absolutely love it. Especially like the mass convert functions. lets you resize, rename, reformat etc. a group of files all at the same time automatically.

Bud
Sugaz and Spice BBQ
----------------------------------------------
Custom Drum Smoker
UDS
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
03-08-2010 11:07 PM
gptrucker Offline

I use Picasa 3. It works real well, and it's free to download. It is available thru Google.

I think we're gonna need some more wood here!!!
08-14-2010 08:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Super Bowl Photo Contest bbqpitstop 2 428 01-29-2013 10:00 PM
Last Post: bbqpitstop
  Smoked Turkey Photo Contest bbqpitstop 1 521 11-28-2012 07:29 AM
Last Post: GOATTER