Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wild West BBQ Comp
Unregistered

Wild West BBQ Comp
If you are the "head cook" for one of the teams who cooked at the Wild West BBQ comp last June who had a 1st - 7th place win in any meat category - but were never paid your award monies and are still interested in getting compensated - please PM me your contact information (full name, mailing address including zip, home phone number, and email address) and the amount of award money still owed to you ASAP... As well, if you know the "head cook" of one of these teams, please contact them and bring their attention to this post...

Based on information posted on this website, this would include the following teams:

Dragon Smoke
FrankenSwine & EzzyGore
Big Pig Parade
Smokin Hot Sistahs
Utah Smoke
Hi-I-Que
Team M.O.A.B
Miss Kitty's Outlaw BBQ
Casual Smokers
HQ O
Tumbleweed BBQ
BBQ Haven

Hoochie
02-21-2010 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Re: Wild West BBQ Comp
How do you not get paid in a sanctioned event? I thought all monies had to be put in some kind of escrow account just so something like this doesn't happen.
02-21-2010 04:08 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

I also thought there were checks and balances for this with KCBS... but my understanding is that its not a UTBBQA matter, its the organizer of the event that has negated the payout.
Dave

Still Sucks

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
02-21-2010 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
BBQMama Offline

You are correct, Dave. The organizer is required to submit a letter of prize money guarantee to KCBS ... however, there is little that KCBS can do if an organizer doesn't follow through on the payout except to not sanction a future event with them. In this case, the Association did not collect the entry fee money ... if we had it would have been put in an escrow account and all prize money would have been paid.

So now our only recourse is to pursue the matter against the organizer as individuals with which he had a contract to pay. Lesson learned for all of us

Carla
Smokin' Hot Sistahs Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Certified Judge
***Life's too short to eat bad BBQ***
02-21-2010 08:33 PM
Cyclops Offline

This question is being addressed at this time by KCBS. If an organizer has had prior problems with making good on the posted prize money, KCBS may require a guarantee by a bank before any future contests may be sanctioned. Thankfully, this is a rare problem in the BBQ community.

Life Is A Team Sport
02-22-2010 12:44 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Latest questions about the Wild West Debacle 2009 SoEzzy 1 3,553 01-18-2011 05:18 PM
Last Post: SoEzzy
  Wild West BBQ Showdown Professional Results Pegleg 28 9,532 07-06-2009 05:03 PM
Last Post: elkski
  Good luck Wild West Comp. Big Hole BBQ 6 2,109 06-06-2009 10:01 PM
Last Post: Three4Que