Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
KSL Smoker
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

KSL Smoker
This is a steal. He thinks it's cast iron but it's really very heavy steel. This would make a very stable offset for someones back yard.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=9720750&lpid=&cat=238">http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad ... d=&cat=238</a><!-- m -->
02-17-2010 08:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Re: KSL Smoker
How old do you think that one is Larry? 8 - 10 years?

And how thick was the other question I was asked? 3/16 or 1/4"

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
02-17-2010 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Brinkmann Cimarron Smoker Grill -DISCONTINUED

Cimarron Smoker Grill Constructed of fully welded, 1/4 inch thick steel and heavy-duty hinged lids. 855-6306-5
Retail Price: $899.00

Brinkmann Cimarron Smoker Grill "Constructed of fully welded, 1/4 inch thick steel and heavy-duty hinged lids. The recessed lids provide airtight fit to keep heat and smoke inside. Adjustable side air vent on firebox and smokestack damper combine to regulate heat and smoke. Large firebox for longer cooking times also converts easily to a Brinkmann grill for cooking smaller meals. Features a Brinkmann temperature guage and rust resistant steel cooking grills for easy clean-up, hinged firebox door for removing ash, chrome handles that stay cool, extra-large steel condiment shelf for large platters, grease hole in cooking chamber to allow drippings to flow into a grease can, and tough heavy-duty steel wheels and end handle for easy movement. 75-year limited warranty. Partial assembly required. "
Brinkmann Cimarron Smoker - Specifications:
Cook Top Area 28 Wide X 15 1/4" Deep
Cooking Grills 2 ea 14" Wide X 15 1/4" Deep
Charcoal Grate 1 ea 14" Wide X 9" Deep
Weight: 228 Lbs
Cooking Area: 427 sq inches
Case Size: 50L X 21W X 27H
02-18-2010 08:16 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Thanks Larry!

Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
02-18-2010 09:19 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

I bought it!

So I'll get some pictures of the first burn on it, tomorrow evening sounds like a good time, and maybe another burn on Saturday!

Rodney the former owner was a great help getting it into the van, it feels like it weighs more than 228 lbs, but that's probably the awkward shape the legs make.

I think we might get him out to cook with us some time, he used to eat at the old Q4U West Valley, so we may see him down the new one sometime!

02-18-2010 07:15 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Congrats Chris! Thats a nice looking unit!

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
02-18-2010 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frankenswine Offline
Managing Member

Very nice Chris...That should last a lot of years..
02-18-2010 08:52 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Good job bro, big fun ahead. I really like the way it seals around the lid. Get out of the chair or let your fire go out LOL just kidding bro, perfect spot for that!
We are excited for ya man.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
02-18-2010 10:20 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

I am so glad that went to one of us. It was really bugging me enough that if it wasn't gone by Friday I was going to get it just so it go to someone in the association. That is really a big boy toy.
02-18-2010 10:38 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Good lookin out L.J. thanks for the original post!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
02-18-2010 10:45 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

I'm with you Larry, I told Chris, if I had been 2-3 hrs closer, It would had a home here
Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
02-19-2010 07:54 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

I made contact via email Wednesday night, and Thursday morning, I was first in the queue to see it and although I could have got a slight jump start time wise, I had my fingers crossed that all would still be there when I arrived.

I got there within 60 seconds of the time I had specified... that's pretty good for my history of bad time keeping!

I've already made plans for the chair repositioning, and the wood box within arms reach, so there's no need to worry about someone stealing my chair at competitions! Tongue

If it comes down to it, I might need to get into a bit better shape just to pick it up and put it on the trailer! :shock: But as I said the last time I was asked if I was going to get into shape... "Round is a shape"!

Thanks for all the positive feelings, I'm happy to meet another Utah BBQer and to get such a gift at a bargain basement price! :oops:

02-19-2010 09:23 AM
norm Offline

I love mine, but almost broke a toe unloading it (sacrificed the thermometer instead). It's a beast for it's size :oops: . Great way to get your feet wet with offset cooking. It's fun to set in the sun in summer with a little fan for jerky(mine holds a steady 150ish without fuel in full sun). Haven't tried mods, probably could benefit from tuning plates, let us know what you think. Got mine for $200 a couple of years ago, and darn it Chris I hate to be out-bargained :evil: Big Grin.
Norm

M.O.A.B. -the Mother Of All Barbeque
KCBS certified judges
02-19-2010 11:11 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

I'm thinking of a baffle and perhaps tuning plate / s, but the bigger mods will be to raise the charcoal grate, for added airflow and easier ash clean out, an expanded metal, charcoal / wood basket, and perhaps a charcoal maze basket as well... then I want to spit and polish it and give it it's own name in gold leaf, with some gold leaf flames to make it stand out in a crowd of other ones!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://picasaweb.google.com/markpmc/LonghornMods?fgl=true&pli=1#5137563223686456962">http://picasaweb.google.com/markpmc/Lon ... 3686456962</a><!-- m -->

The attachment for my chair and firewood /charcoal box are probably the first mod that will really get made! :wink:

We'll see what and how and when, after I run some charcoal through it tonight, and tomorrow!

As for the bargaining I wanted to bargain just for principles sake, but it was a great deal as was, and though my heritage made a quick haggle a necessity, my heart wasn't in it and I managed to get back to the $125 really quick!

02-19-2010 11:58 AM
norm Offline

Good on ya. Enjoy.
Ooh, and thanks for the mod pics.
Norm

M.O.A.B. -the Mother Of All Barbeque
KCBS certified judges
02-19-2010 04:25 PM
Big Johnson's BBQ Offline
Managing Member

You boys are fast when it comes to these items... I'm looking to upgrade from my Brinkman just like this one but with the much lighter steel. Just can't get the heat right...

I have a Brinkman WSM that I won at a golf tournament last year but have never used it. Gonna break it out & give it a rip on a pork butt tomorrow (But start it tonight).

Getting UDS from BigRed next week. I think I'll be able to get the what I want outta that one!

Cheers!

Pit's & Spit's 3060 - Yoder Comp BBQ Cart YS640!
KCBS Certified Judge

Sponsors:
Wasatch Front Winnebago
(Riverdale Road in Ogden)
BBQ Pit Stop
D&M Meats
02-20-2010 08:51 PM