Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Briskett - Did I really see that??
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

Briskett - Did I really see that??
So, I was watching an episode of the BBQ Pitmasters a few weeks ago and they showed Myron preparing a briskett. I can't say for sure, but I could have sworn that he cut the entire fat cap off the briskett (whereas, I usually hear that you leave a small portion on there). Did my eyes deceive me? Have any of you ever tried that?

I guess that I may be doing something wrong because whenever I leave some of the fat there, it's still there when the cook is done. That means that I throw away a layer of fat and reveal a side of the brisket with no seasoning or bark. Am I doing this wrong?

I know I will probably get all my answers at the upcoming training session, but I am impatient (got a brisket that i am going to throw on the ol' UDS this weekend).

TQD
02-03-2010 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Re: Briskett - Did I really see that??
He cooks the whole brisket. I did see where it looked like one of the cooks took off the cap and cooked it seperatly, Not sure who it was?

Rstone
02-03-2010 11:44 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Brown Bear Offline

Re: Briskett - Did I really see that??
I know this post is a few months old, I am new to the site and just reading over things. I tivo'd that episode and it surprised me as well. The all cut of the fat, all of it, so the rub doesn't wash of as the fat rendered. I have never done that I always leave the fat cap but I do want to try this.
04-25-2010 06:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply