Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Canopy ... Pick your flavor
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

Canopy ... Pick your flavor
So, I want to get a canopy ... for cooking and for having ... basically, it is a handy thing and I want one ... What are your preferences? I've heard of EZ-UP ... anything else that is good.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

TDQ
01-24-2010 09:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Canopy ... Pick your flavor
Caravan is also good

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
01-24-2010 09:53 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

We have EZ ups, and I manged to pick up a couple of bargains that Doug found at the NPS store fall of 09!

Though remember you get what you pay for, the light ones don't last in bad weather, but in really bad weather none of them last.

Also think about 4 x 5 gallon buckets and ropes, fill them with water when you get set up, and tie down the canopy to them, empty them out to pack up.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
01-24-2010 10:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flexo Offline

We have used a few and thrown away a few. After looking around and talking with a few people, we bought a Caravan brand canopy. It is very well built, very sturdy. I found an online place that has an excellent price. They are about the same price as getting a higher end EZ-UP. We bought ours from this company and they were easy to work with and fast with getting it out to us. Here is the url for the 10x10 which is the one we bought. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.elitedeals.com/caca10x10dit.html">http://www.elitedeals.com/caca10x10dit.html</a><!-- m -->

That sure was good stuff!
Tubby's Smokin' Q

KCBS Certified Judge
01-25-2010 09:32 AM