Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thanks for a job well done
BBQMama Offline

Thanks for a job well done
It is with sadness, but great appreciation and recognition of all his efforts that we announce the resignation of Lyle Earl from the Managing Members of the Association. Lyle has served the Association as Chair and Managing Member for the last 3 years. He and his family have done a great job of helping the Association move forward through his leadership efforts, and their hard work in organizing judges, helping teams, and whatever else was asked of them by the Association and at many of the competitions we've had during that time.

Unfortunately, this year work and family obligations have made it difficult for him to continue in his current role. As a result, he is stepping down from the Managing Members but will continue to take a less demanding, but still active role in the Association. I hope you will all give Lyle your appreciation and thanks for everything he has done, and send him best wishes for the future. We look forward to Lyle and his family's continuing assistance and presence at Association contests and functions.

Larry Jacobs has agreed to fill Lyle's position on the Managing Members for the duration of his term. We welcome Larry and know that he will work hard to fill Lyle's shoes.

Carla
Smokin' Hot Sistahs Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Certified Judge
***Life's too short to eat bad BBQ***
01-17-2010 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tex-mex / Idaho Offline

Re: Thanks for a job well done
Thanks Lyle, for all you have done for Utah BBQ, hope to see around the smoke........................

omar / tex-mex
01-17-2010 10:28 PM
Hintzes Hog Offline

Thank you Lyle for all your hard work and long hours...
01-18-2010 09:03 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Thanks to all the hard work that Lyle has done in the last years, we wouldn't be were we are today without his hard work and efforts.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
01-18-2010 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks to the entire Earl family for all their efforts over the past few years. Not only the Utah contests, but the Idaho contests as well! I know you and your family won't be strangers to the BBQ family!

Dave, Dana & Morgan

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
01-18-2010 01:03 PM
Dutchovendude Offline
Managing Member

Thanks for everything Lyle. I am so grateful for everything you and your family have done for both the association and our team.
You have always answered any questions I have had and been more than happy to help in any way you could.
I hope both you and your family stay active in BBQ and don't forget us.
You are always welcome in our tent, my friends!
Mike

TUMBLEWEED BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
Utah BBQ Organization Certified Judge
Email me at: mike@utahbbq.org
WWW.Tumbleweed BBQ.com
01-18-2010 05:56 PM
bwinther Offline
Managing Member

Lyle

We also want to extend our utmost appreciation. Your help has been invaluable. I remember the first time we met at Fire, Water and Ice 2 years ago as Tara and I were just getting out feet wet. It is sad to see you step down but we hope that you will continue to be around. As others have said, you are welcome at our site any time. Thanks for everything.

Brian, Tara, and Ian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
01-18-2010 08:00 PM
Pegleg Offline

Thank you all for the kind words. After being so active in the past three years in the leadership of this group, it’s been very difficult for me let go; I am grateful to the current managing members for their patience, I know what it’s like to not have the needed participation from each individual. Last year was quite challenging for me both within my family and at work, regretfully I haven’t been as active as I needed to be the last few months. Last November the division I work in was merged with an engineering team and as a condition of employment I am required to get Cisco certified by the end of 2010. You geeks out there who’ve done it know what it takes to pass the CCNA and the CCNP certifications. In addition, my dad has Alzheimer’s which has been getting progressively worse and we’ve been spending as much time as we can with my mother.

I asked T to voice my concerns at the next meeting since I had deadlines at work and have not been able to attend in person; I’m not one to give up too easily but thankfully my load has been lightened. I have a great deal of love and respect for this leadership and ask all of you for your continuing support; they are taking this organization in a positive direction and I see great things happening in the next few years. One thing we all need to remember is the UBBQA is made up entirely of volunteers and they freely give of their time and talents in our behalf; behind them are spouses and significant others who make that sacrifice as well. The more people involved, the lighter their loads will be in the long run.

Over the past few years my family and I have developed some genuine lasting friendships with many of you; there’s something about barbecue in Utah that brings out the best in everybody. I love working the competitions and will make every effort to support it as much as I can. There’s not a greater and friendlier group of people than the members of the UBBQA. Thanks again to all of you for your continued acceptance, love and support.

Very Sincerely,
Lyle

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
01-19-2010 12:45 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Lyle, we have talked about this already on the phone, but just wanted to say to you and the family thanks again for all of your time, and support that you have given us over the years. You know where I'm at so never hesitate to call, and I do know where you live and a brotha will still drop in! Thanks again man T & Family

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
01-19-2010 03:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cyclops Offline

"Wasn't able to give the time required?" "Not one to give up?" HOGWASH!!!!!! You, my friend have worked your rear end off for this association for years. As I told you the last time we spoke, You have simply put your priorities in order. Your blood family needs you right now. Your BBQ family can wait! You are a class act and a man I am honored to call friend!
I will look forward to seeing you and your lovely family soon.
Jim

Life Is A Team Sport
01-19-2010 08:43 PM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Lyle, like everyone else, I just want to say thanks for the time and effort that you have put forth in the last few years. It is fortunate for all of us that you're not really going away but just shifting priorities. Look forward to seeing you soon...

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
01-20-2010 09:38 AM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Lyle, look, you said something about your job was volunteer? T said the job came with free lunch at his place every Monday. Funny, I showed up but he was closed....must just be a over sight (: Good luck with that tech stuff and I hope to see you at events this year.
01-20-2010 10:11 AM
Swine Steward Offline

Man what an ambassador of BBQ Lyle has been in the past few years. Tireless, friendly, generous, helpful, etc. Are you listening Myron? Good luck with your family and work this year.
01-21-2010 12:06 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks from us on this side of the pond too. You were always there to "git 'er done".

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
01-21-2010 11:28 AM
Three4Que Offline

Lyle your help, friendship, advice, time, support and all are greatly appreciated by all of us. You were one of the first to welcome me on this site a few years ago and one of the first persons I met at my first time judging a competition. Thanks for letting me help out at the sign in table for Rock N Ribs the past two years.

Looking forward to seeing you around the competitions when things get a little less hectic. My prayers go out to you and your family. Thanks again for all you've done for Utah BBQ!!!!!

Doug

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
01-22-2010 11:15 PM
Pitmaster Offline

Lyle- just wanted to add to the many kind words expressed above. Thanks so much for your kindness and willingness to help me. You were the first one I met at my first comp and you made the entry much easier for me and my family. I hope you and your family are well. Best wishes to you. Thanks again-
Rob

Rob Harding
KCBS Certified Judge
http://www.pitmaster-bbq.com
rob@pitmaster-bbq.com
Smokin' on an Austin National Smoker, Brinkmann Professional COS, Man-Weber (27in) & Girl-Weber (22.5in),No Joker Smoker (Drum Smoker)
01-24-2010 11:22 PM