Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
July 1st and 2nd Huntsville, Smokin' Valley BBQ Challenge
Pegleg Offline

July 1st and 2nd Huntsville, Smokin' Valley BBQ Challenge
The Smokin' Valley BBQ Challenge will be held in Huntsville, Utah July 1st and 2nd at Huntsville Park located at historic Huntsville Square. The organizers are Greg Farley, owner of the Huntsville Barbecue Company and Lyle Earl. This is a first year, KCBS sanctioned event; the entry fee is $150.00 and the prize money will total $5000.00 and shooting for more. The street on the North side of the park will be closed and used for the competition so there will be plenty of room for RV's and trailer rigs. It's going to be a great venue and we're looking forward to seeing you all there.

There will be more info posted in the next few days and we'll have the entry forms available for the teams and judges by the end of next week. Also, please visit our Facebook page listed under "Smokin' Valley BBQ Challenge" for updated information; I will also be posting all of the updates at this location as well. Attached is a link to the Huntsville City website http://huntsvilletown.com/ which has information about the area.

If you need immediate information please don't hesitate to call me at (801) 718-0063.

Thank You,

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
02-11-2011 10:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pegleg Offline

Re: July 1st and 2nd Huntsville, Smokin' Valley BBQ Challeng
There have been inquiries on T's post from Crashpilot about staying somewhere in the area throughout the 4th of July weekend. We are addressing that and the other questions that have been asked as well. I will update you as soon as we get the information.

Thanks,

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
02-11-2011 10:21 PM
crashpilot
Unregistered

Pegleg Wrote:There have been inquiries on T's post from Crashpilot about staying somewhere in the area throughout the 4th of July weekend. We are addressing that and the other questions that have been asked as well. I will update you as soon as we get the information.

Thanks,

Thanks Lyle! I sincerely appreciate you looking into this for me.

Sean
02-12-2011 10:05 AM
Quote this message in a reply
crashpilot
Unregistered

Lyle,

Just for clarification... If I need to move on Saturday after the awards, I don't mind. If we do need to move, I just want to know early so I can get a jump on making plans for East Canyon or somewhere similar that most certainly will not have any room unless I get reservations early.

Thanks,
Sean
02-12-2011 02:20 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Pegleg Offline

Sean,
Yes, unfortunately all teams will need to move after the event is over because the street will need to be reopened. So for those who would like to stay the weekend I would try and make reservations at a campground in the area if possible. Anderson Cove and Jefferson Hunt campgrounds border Pineview reservior; also East of Huntsville at South Fork there are seven campgrounds, all of which border the Ogden river; we go for drives up there often and the area is beautiful . I found this link to some of the campgrounds (if it helps), http://www.outdoorsinutah.com/southfork-...servations; there is also a campground in Eden at North Fork but I don't know too much about it,http://www.utah.com/campground/profile21510.htm I'll try and drive over there early next week and check this one out and let you know what I find. Incidentally, there will be festivities at Huntsville Park all day on the 4th with booths etc. and a fireworks show in the evening.

Hope this helps. I'll try and answer any other questions as quickly as I can.

Thanks,

Lyle

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
02-12-2011 09:23 PM
Pitmaster Offline

Way to go Lyle! Can't wait to participate. Thanks for getting this together.
Rob

Rob Harding
KCBS Certified Judge
http://www.pitmaster-bbq.com
rob@pitmaster-bbq.com
Smokin' on an Austin National Smoker, Brinkmann Professional COS, Man-Weber (27in) & Girl-Weber (22.5in),No Joker Smoker (Drum Smoker)
02-15-2011 09:45 PM
Three4Que Offline

RE: July 1st and 2nd Huntsville, Smokin' Valley BBQ Challenge
Lyle, there are several campgrounds past the Monastery on the way to Causey Resevoir/Camp Kiesel Scout camp.

Although with it being near the 4t they might be taken. That is a nice restaurant and awesome park. My son and I spent seeral hours there a year ago.

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
03-15-2011 10:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Huntsville BBQ Challenge July 26/27th (4 meat) SoEzzy 50 2,046 07-25-2013 06:13 PM
Last Post: Big Johnson's BBQ
  The BBQ Pit Stop BBQ Event July 12/13th (3 meat) SoEzzy 44 2,053 07-14-2013 12:42 PM
Last Post: bbqpitstop
  Judges Requested Huntsville BBQ Challenge Pegleg 3 672 09-13-2012 05:03 PM
Last Post: Brdprey