Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pig on the Caja China
Frankenswine Offline
Managing Member

Pig on the Caja China
I got a La caja China for Christmas this year, and decided to do a whole pig. The box did a great job on the pig. Looking forward to the next one...

[Image: Pig.jpg]

[Image: Pig4.jpg]

[Image: Newyear001.jpg]

[Image: Newyear002.jpg]

[Image: Newyear003.jpg]

[Image: Newyear004.jpg]

[Image: Newyear005.jpg]

Doug
01-01-2010 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Re: Pig on the Caja China
I'm even more sorry I have been sick the last week, I'd have liked to have met such a happy new years piggy!

He really got into the spirit of things by the look of him! :lol:

It looks like you sized him about right, much bigger and you'd have had to top and tail him to get him in, did he fill it as much as it looks?

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
01-01-2010 03:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Pig on the Caja China
Yo, I was there, and the piggy was good. I especially liked the way that it crisp up the skin in areas. Not bad for the first time and knowing Doug the next one will be even better! Fun time was had by all, and thanks for the invite. The Caja China does a good job, can't wait to see what it does with other meats. Interesting concept, about the same principle as the Cajun Microwave that I looked into in 1996. The only difference was at that particular time the Cajun Microwave had a window where you could view the food cooking, and a drain in the bottom for grease. Great present Doug!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
01-02-2010 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply