Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brisket Injection
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Brisket Injection
I'm cooking 3 briscket flats for a Fireman's party. What's a good injection that I don't have to order in.
12-30-2009 11:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Re: Brisket Injection
Johnny's Au Jus concentrate, mixed a little lighter than the directions. You can usually get it at Wal-Mart.

[Image: 0007038110100_215X215.jpg]

Minor's is great as well, if you can find it.

John
12-31-2009 12:38 AM
Quote this message in a reply
jim Offline

Never thought of that -- thanks
jim
12-31-2009 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

You're welcome. What makes Minor's better, as far as mimicking a commercial injection, is that it contains sodium phosphate, which is one of the "magic ingredients" of many (if not all) commercial injections.

You can read the science of it all here.

John
12-31-2009 10:38 AM
jim Offline

So do away with commerical injection and if can get Minor's you use it -- but you do not mix -- correct
12-31-2009 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Would it be fair to say that most if not all of the Brisket call ups are injecting? Seems like I'm hearing a lot this year, but then, maybe I haven't been listening close enough past years.
12-31-2009 11:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

jim Wrote:So do away with commerical injection and if can get Minor's you use it -- but you do not mix -- correct
No, I'm not advocating for or against commercial injections. I was just responding to the request for a non-commercial option.

Yes, you still mix in either case.

John
12-31-2009 12:39 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Thanks to all for your help. I was not able to get Johnny's so I used some Tony's beef broth paste. That's the stuff that looks like a beef paste. Worked great. I lightly coated it with mustard and seasoned with Weber Chicago Steak seasoning. 60 people gave it thumbs up.
I now have a SpitJack Magnum meat injector and two bags of Butcher beef and pork injection on order.
01-04-2010 10:32 PM