Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pit Master of BBQ
Unregistered

Pit Master of BBQ
Don't forget to watch the Pit Masters on TLC Thursday night! It should be a lot of fun to watch and see the weather we went through Friday night! Oh by the way we got 11th overall there. If you haven't competed out of the area it is a must for every team!
12-02-2009 10:40 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Dutchovendude Offline
Managing Member

Re: Pit Master of BBQ
Got the "old fashioned" vcr all warmed up.
Are you in the movie?

TUMBLEWEED BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
Utah BBQ Organization Certified Judge
Email me at: mike@utahbbq.org
WWW.Tumbleweed BBQ.com
12-02-2009 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Sounds like it is 10 O'clock our time not 8 PM, gotta check again because I just don't trust them to have it right.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
12-03-2009 12:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Dutchoven I am not sure if they will show any of us since we were not on celebrity row. It may show us for the call on brisket. Sweet Peppers got 5th and Myron got 1st in brisket.

Myron was disqualified after the contest was over due to having a team in 2 contest the same weekend under the same name. He had to return over 12k in prize money!

The one young guy that has the steak house got 2nd to last overall so I don't know why he was even in the show?
12-03-2009 08:15 AM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Some interesting info. here..... <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tlc.discovery.com">www.tlc.discovery.com</a><!-- w -->

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
12-03-2009 09:44 AM
norm Offline

Diva Q has an interesting interview with the director on her blog.

M.O.A.B. -the Mother Of All Barbeque
KCBS certified judges
12-03-2009 12:38 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

If interested,Greg Rempe (latalkradio/ bbq central and our own PattioDaddio.com also had interviews with the producer. I am guess'n the viewer ratings will surprise a lot of people. I wont be surprised TLC orders another series for next year, by the end of the month. Also, ( a bit off topic) But if you are following the KCBS Team of the year, there has been a very tight race between 3 teams over the past 4-5 weeks, as it stands now all three are headed back to AZ for the final contest of the year to decide it all. Greg Rempe, also did interviews with those teams last week Tues (Pellet Envy) and this week was I Smell Smoke, and Iowa's Smoky D's, you can find them in the archives.

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
12-03-2009 02:00 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo, just a reminder the show is on tonight. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/bbq-pitmasters/bbq-pitmasters.html">http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/bbq-pitmast ... sters.html</a><!-- m -->

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
12-03-2009 02:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

The show airs here tonite @ 7Tonguem local time. Which means in clock terms, you folks in the Mountain West will be sawing logs @ 3a.m. Friday morning and dreaming about standing on stage accepting the GC while you have just beat out Smokin' Triggers, The Wood Chicks, Pellet Envy etc. while it is just starting to air for us here in Okinawa. Let me know how you did against the best of the best............... IN YOUR DREAMS! :roll:

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
12-03-2009 06:56 PM
Unregistered

I think it is on at *pm in the HD channels? At least that is what time it says on our comcast guide.
12-03-2009 07:25 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

I just looked it up on Comcast cable and they're saying 11 PM or 1 AM but I just heard the advert again and they say tonight at 10, crazy world, I'll either see it at 10, 11, 12 or 1 though it's on every day for the rest of the week.

Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
12-03-2009 07:27 PM
Unregistered

On comcast look under the hd channels, I think it is 796 or close to it. I will check in 5 minutes for you.
12-03-2009 07:40 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

I have it coming on in 32 min. on tlc from dishnetwork 8pm mst

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
12-03-2009 08:30 PM
BBQMama Offline

Just finished watching it ... a couple of times. Saw glimpses of Roger, Lyle, Vince and OOPS. Heard R&R's 4th place call in brisket. Was interesting to see some techniques ... especially Myron's cupcake chicken.

Having been down there to judge it was fun to see the competition from a different perspective. Can't wait to see the rest of the seriesl

Carla
Smokin' Hot Sistahs Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Certified Judge
***Life's too short to eat bad BBQ***
12-03-2009 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Carla as you know it was a blast! I really believe that competing away from home is one of the best things you can do as a competitor.
12-03-2009 11:14 PM
Unregistered

That was a fun contest. Heck that storm made snowbird's rain look like a little mist! hey I made the snow but if you sneezed you missed me!! They did not mentioned it was 115 + in the day. I was about sick after turn in's were done it was so hot!!

We were next to Sweet Peppers and they were really nice guys and helpful, but I have to say, the best advice to this day is from Patio Daddio has helped us with the brisket, so thanks!!!!

We have a long way to go. But I'm telling ya, you learn alot by going to the big ones like that. There was the best of the best there! The top guys aren't out drinking all night or running around. They go to compete!!

Looking forward to next weeks show! Looks like old Trigger has a run in with a good old boy!

Peace out
Roger
R and R BBQ Team

Big Grin
12-03-2009 11:22 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

We caught it tonight. Brenda gave the show overall, a 4, me a 5.
Myron didn't impress us one bit. With all the beeps you'd think it was OCC on the tube.
Maybe he should read the rules better. Having to return the 12k could have been by the potty mouth censor. :lol:
The chef dude from Texas got a rude awakening, his turn in trays were 3, 4 at best. His chicken....... :oops:
I know how they all felt having thought, wow I did good, only to be close to the cellar. How long is this show going to air?
Brenda saw one familiar face that was at Rio Rancho doing the judging class. Me, no one. It'll be on a zillion times the next week so I'll just watch it again w/o the volume to see if I recognize anyone.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
12-04-2009 07:15 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

I caught the last show at 1 AM and enjoyed it and I'm sure I did learn a thing or two.

It was good to see Bob from Oops take his call, sat right behind Myron in a couple of shots, and to hear if not see R&R's 4th place Brisket.

The back of Vince holding things down in the storm was another, (I think)!

I'm shocked that the "Executive" chef thought his turn in boxes stood a chance, and as we all know the Internet is here to do even a little research... isn't it? :cry:

12-04-2009 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Now every can see why a judging class or a cooking class is worth the money before going in a contest!

I've tasted Myrons BBQ it is insane!!!

Can you belive, he has won about $700,000.00 in prise money, not bad for heating up meat!

Rstone
12-04-2009 09:59 AM
norm Offline

Saw Carla and her family .OOPS. and Jaybird. Read somewhere they thermopen'ed the pavement at 134 degrees :shock: I gotta tell ya that storm was hard to sleep through, even in that nice suite Big Grin
I learned alot from the show about what we need to improve:
1. More lighter fluid.
2. Cuss more.
3. Fancy shaped chicken. I'm thinking pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, and green clovers. (Nobody better touch me lucky chicken).

M.O.A.B. -the Mother Of All Barbeque
KCBS certified judges
12-04-2009 01:08 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

norm Wrote:Saw Carla and her family .OOPS. and Jaybird. Read somewhere they thermopen'ed the pavement at 134 degrees :shock: I gotta tell ya that storm was hard to sleep through, even in that nice suite Big Grin
I learned alot from the show about what we need to improve:
1. More lighter fluid.
2. Cuss more.
3. Fancy shaped chicken. I'm thinking pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, and green clovers. (Nobody better touch me lucky chicken).

And:
4. $200.00 briskets :shock:

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
12-04-2009 02:20 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

I couldn't belive the lighter fluid. :shock: I never used it when all I used was a ECB. Makes the food taste nasty, like Trig said in the show last night. Where on earth would a $200 brisket come from? A $20,000 livestock show winner?

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
12-04-2009 02:52 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

I believe Myron was cooking Wagyu. Check it out <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lobels.com">www.lobels.com</a><!-- w --> What can you get them for over there Gene?

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
12-04-2009 03:22 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lobels.com/store/main/item.asp?item=56">http://www.lobels.com/store/main/item.asp?item=56</a><!-- m -->

It's a quite reasonable $15.22 / lb for 1... and if you buy 8 it drops to a very reasonable $15.22 / lb, wow what a saving! :roll:

12-04-2009 04:37 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

SoEzzy Wrote:http://www.lobels.com/store/main/item.asp?item=56

It's a quite reasonable $15.22 / lb for 1... and if you buy 8 it drops to a very reasonable $15.22 / lb, wow what a saving! :roll:

I found another site that had a "smoke'n" deal on some home grown Iowa pork (butt) for $5.50/lb. but you had to provide your own squeal with it :lol:

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
12-04-2009 05:17 PM