Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
QN4U Class
Frankenswine Offline
Managing Member

Re: QN4U Class
Just got signed up for the class. Can't wait.

Doug
01-23-2010 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bwinther Offline
Managing Member

Just signed up and paid for the class. Can't wait to get into the season. Guess I had better start practicing.

Brian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
01-23-2010 09:30 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

The payment process will be on this thread as of 12 noon tomorrow Sunday!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
01-23-2010 10:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Here's the PayPal payment page for the QN4U class.

QN4U Class Fees!

The count is now down to 18 slots left. Adjusted again 7:43 Sunday 24th!

Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
01-24-2010 04:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BBQMama Offline

Make that 20 ... just got another payment. Remember ... this class is already listed on the KCBS web site and will be in February's bull sheet, so get your money in now!!

Carla
Smokin' Hot Sistahs Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Certified Judge
***Life's too short to eat bad BBQ***
01-24-2010 06:15 PM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

Make that 19! I just paid for my team to come down and participate!! I paid the "member" fees because I am putting my memberhsip application in the mail tomorrow. I hope that is OK, if it's not OK, please let me know and we can work it out.

Thanks, I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!! Team Tour de Que will be there in full force ...

Well, it will be me, my brother and my cousin once removed ... but we will have fun!!!
01-24-2010 08:37 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Down to 18 now, that's cool TDQ, we've got time for the check to arrive before April... make sure you send it "pony express" not "pony standard" rate though! :wink:

And do you still need a couple of UDS's?

01-24-2010 08:46 PM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

I would love a couple of UDS is you've got them. I am working on the details with my cousin and brother (there's a little "discussion" going on right now, but I would rather use the UDS). Hold them and I'm sure we will use them.

One other question. For Team TDQ, this will be out "coming out" party. We have never done this stuff before so I'm not exactly sure what we will need to bring. I've seen some discussions about competition checklists. Do I basically need to bring normal competition stuff?? We don't have a camper. Do we just use tents? Hotel near by? Just let me know.

Thanks.
01-24-2010 08:50 PM
BBQMama Offline

Yes ... normal competition checklist stuff. Don't worry if you forget something. There will be lots of folks around who can probably fill in the gaps ... unless you've just "happened" to forget your rubs or sauces. LOL

Some of us will have trailers, but tents, EZ Ups and air mattresses are always acceptable. Wouldn't plan on needing a hotel unless you want to shower before you head home on Saturday. You'll be up tending your cooker, getting tips from Brent, and chatting with other cooks most of the night.

Carla
KCBS Certified Judge
01-24-2010 09:01 PM
Desert Magnolia Offline

The wife signed us up this afternoon. Very excited. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Any suggestions on stuff to bring?

@ 85 gallon trash cans drilled and ready for action!!
Rub Q Long Time BBQ Team
KCBS member
01-24-2010 10:31 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pt_uavAC5mGFvCj1eSkhPCA">http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... Cj1eSkhPCA</a><!-- m -->

The above is PatioDaddios packing list for contests, effectively the whole class is like a contest, so a contest list is a good one to run with.

01-25-2010 02:12 AM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

Just realized I could do the membership thing online. So, we should be good to go. Paid membership and excited green horns at your service!!
01-25-2010 04:35 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Does your bro have a user name yet... if not let me know what it is, when it is! :wink:

01-25-2010 04:44 PM
BBQMama Offline

Current list of class attendees: As of 1/26/10 10:00 AM

Pitmaster BBQ
Frankenswine & Ezzygore
HQO
Tour de Que
Backcountry BBQ
Smokin' Hot Sistahs
Smokin' Britches

Keep those entry fees coming!! I know there are a few more teams who have committed to being at the class but haven't paid yet. Be sure to reserve your spots!!

Carla
KCBS Certified Judge
01-25-2010 08:39 PM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

SoEzzy Wrote:Does your bro have a user name yet... if not let me know what it is, when it is! :wink:

No user name yet. I've been tyring to get him on, but he really doesn't like to do the computer thing too much.
01-26-2010 10:11 AM
Desert Magnolia Offline

Thanks for posting that list there's a thing or two that I wouldn't have thought about like a broom... lol strange as it sounds.. and something to drink. Well put together list!

@ 85 gallon trash cans drilled and ready for action!!
Rub Q Long Time BBQ Team
KCBS member
01-26-2010 02:42 PM
nub2bbq Offline

I'm sooooo excited to go to this event as long as it does not fill up before I receive my tax return! :roll: It sounds like a blast and a great learning opp. for my friend and I as new-b's to all of this.

Back in 82' BB-Q Team
I, Mike Haman being a respiratory therapist , fully endorse smoking as part of a healthy lifestyle. Light em' up boyz!
(And NO that is not me in the avatar! ;>)
-------------------------------------------------
01-31-2010 09:41 PM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

Alright. So this thing is coming up in a few weeks and I am starting to realize that I have no idea what is expected of me and my team. I havenever done a competition before and this sounds like a mix between a competition and a class. I have a ton of questions ... please help ...

1. I will plan on bringing my own meat. Do I have to have it still packaged and in the cooler for a meat inspection?
2. There will be discussion on rubs and sauces. Do I need to bring my own rubs and saucses or will we be making them in the class?
3. How does this class work? Will we just prepare our meats and then they will go around and watch us prepare? Or, will be have some discussion, then go prepare? In particular, I am veyr intimiadated with my chicken (or, as my wife calls them: "The rubber balls"). I need the most help with that. Will there be some instruction before I go and ruin another batch of thighs?

I'm sure I have a TON more questions ...

Thanks, TDQ
04-14-2010 10:09 AM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

I told you there would be more ....

It says start at 4 pm. Do we need to be in our places and set up before 4 pm?
04-14-2010 10:15 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Tour de Que Wrote:Alright. So this thing is coming up in a few weeks and I am starting to realize that I have no idea what is expected of me and my team. I havenever done a competition before and this sounds like a mix between a competition and a class. I have a ton of questions ... please help ...

1. I will plan on bringing my own meat. Do I have to have it still packaged and in the cooler for a meat inspection?

If you want to do trimming and preparing without marinading, brining or rubbing that's OK same as a competition.

Tour de Que Wrote:. There will be discussion on rubs and sauces. Do I need to bring my own rubs and saucses or will we be making them in the class?

Bring what you have or would want to use normally at home / competition, (allowing that you've not done a competition read that as at home), be ready to take the advise you get and apply it as and when you feel it's going to improve your Que!

Tour de Que Wrote:. How does this class work? Will we just prepare our meats and then they will go around and watch us prepare? Or, will be have some discussion, then go prepare? In particular, I am veyr intimiadated with my chicken (or, as my wife calls them: "The rubber balls"). I need the most help with that. Will there be some instruction before I go and ruin another batch of thighs?

I'm sure I have a TON more questions ...

Thanks, TDQ

As far as I understand it, there will be a welcoming, then some class work, then some preparation away in your cooking area, then some walk around and talk around classes about your technique, then diner, then more of the same through the night and into the next morning, with things like meat selection, cutting and preparing, seasoning, cooking, boxes and garnish, presentation, turn ins, judging, more turn ins and different judging's, etc until all 4 meats have been cooked, compared and critiqued, and then there will be an awards ceremony, packing up and hightailing it for a long nap!

But that's just my understanding and I may be totally wrong, it's happened in the past... it will happen in the future! :wink:

Tour de Que Wrote:I told you there would be more ....

It says start at 4 pm. Do we need to be in our places and set up before 4 pm?

Yes! Tongue

04-14-2010 10:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  QN4U Class Admin 94 18,705 05-04-2010 08:56 PM
Last Post: brent walton
  Last call for teams to attend the QN4U Class BBQMama 1 461 04-26-2010 09:58 AM
Last Post: BBQMama
  QN4U Class - IMPORTANT UPDATE SmokinJoe 20 4,322 04-21-2008 11:39 AM
Last Post: T