Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Restaurant Review: Texas Pride Barbecue
Pegleg Offline

Restaurant Review: Texas Pride Barbecue
I heard about a barbecue restaurant on KSL’s “Speaking on Business” with Fred Ball two weeks ago while driving to work. Two Texas transplants opened it up early June in Huntsville; it is located on the West side of the park on Huntsville Square. My wife and I decided to go up and try it and we were not at all disappointed. We got the Texas sampler platter for $20 and it came with five meats and four sides with very generous portions. I spoke with the owners who told me that on Friday and Saturday they serve smoked pork loin and beef ribs in addition to the other meats they offer. I feel the food is reasonably priced and as in the traditional Texas manner they sell their meat by the pound and always with bread; we also shared a piece of Texas Sheet Cake with ice cream and as with the main course provided a perfect ending to a very good meal. The condiment bar offers five different barbecue sauces we could help ourselves to; there was zesty, spicy, sweet smoky, vinegar based, and mustard based sauces and we tried them all. As I was at the sauce bar I overheard another Texas transplant comment that they finally found a taste of home. Check the link to their website. <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.texaspridebarbecue.com">www.texaspridebarbecue.com</a><!-- w --> As a side note, they took us out back and showed us their smoker and it’s a beauty!!!!

Their hours are Tuesday - Thursday: 11 AM - 8 PM and Friday and Saturday: 11 AM - 9 PM

Sorry about being so long winded but I just had to pass this on to you all, it’s definitely worth the drive up the canyon. It’s great to finally have a place in our neck of the woods when I don’t feel like smoking my own!!

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
10-15-2009 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Restaurant Review: Texas Pride Barbecue
Sounds cool, someday we'll have to make it over there... fyi, the link don't work to their website.

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
10-15-2009 09:01 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

It doesn't open from this part of the world either.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
10-15-2009 09:26 PM
Pegleg Offline

Okay, the link is fixed (sorry).

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
10-15-2009 09:50 PM
Three4Que Offline

Lyle, my boy and I stopped there about two weeks ago. Great location across from Huntsville Park, (possible location for a future Northern Utah BBQ Competition?), and good food too!

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
10-16-2009 01:21 PM
hulihuli Offline

Thanks for the recommendation. Big Grin We traveled the hour through traffic to get there and were not disappointed. We too got the Texas Platter with an excellent batch of pulled pork, ribs and brisket. Even the chicken was great. The sides weren’t as good as the meat but we can live with that. Greg was awesome, he even showed us his pit.

Marie and Jeff
10-17-2009 11:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Book Review: Serious Barbecue Guest 4 1,059 09-17-2009 09:24 AM
Last Post: Guest